This continuing education course covers universal precautions for healthcare workers and implications for massage therapists. The learner will discover the history of Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immune Deficiency syndrome, modes of transmission, prevention and confidentiality. Florida Law is also reviewed for those practicing in that state.
HIV/AIDS and Florida Law Course Outline (3 CEUs):
- Chapter One: What is HIV/AIDS?
- Chapter Two: Symptoms of HIV/AIDS
- Chapter Three: History of HIV/AIDS
- Chapter Four: HIV/AIDS Transmission
- Chapter Five: Infection Control
- Chapter Six: Florida’s Requirements for AIDS Education
- Chapter Seven: Florida Law and HIV/AIDS Testing
- Chapter Eight: HIV/AIDS Discrimination
- Chapter Nine: Crimes Associated with HIV/AIDS
Continuing education units (CEUs) are provided via electronic download in PDF format. Review the course work at your own pace and then take the included test online. You can print your certificate immediately after passing each test! All coursework is NCBTMB approved (NCBTMB # 451897-12
). NOTE: Each state has different requirements. Please be sure to check our state requirements page and contact your state to verify your requirements.